Détail du poste
Directeur de programme
The SEEP Network
Date de clôture : 11 mai 2012
Description du poste :
About the Organization:
The SEEP Network is a nonprofit network of over 130 international organizations that believe in the power of enterprise to reduce global poverty. Its mission is to connect microenterprise practitioners in a global learning community.
About the Job:
SEEP Network is seeking a Program Manager for the Association Development Community of Practice (CoP). S/he will be responsible for implementation of programs and strategies, including developing and monitoring work plans and budgets for SEEP’s projects with African microfinance associations.
Support of capacity building programs with microfinance associations (MFAs):
Technical assistance and capacity building activities: Carry out specific capacity building activities such as network capacity assessments, workshops, presentations at conferences and other events;
Strategic advice: Develop and monitor implementation plans and provide strategic advice to MFAs, which includes refining activities, targets, priorities and budgets;
Peer learning - Facilitate working group activities, organize and facilitate peer exchange visits including developing learning agenda, facilitation of roundtable discussion;
Grant management, monitoring and reporting: Ensure the completion of all program activities, the efficient use of funds, and timely submission of reports;
Consultant management: Draft scopes of work for consultants, manage and monitor consultant budgets and deliverables.
Learning initiatives and tool development:
Identify areas and topics of interest to associations and facilitate associations related learning initiatives;
Draw on the results of SEEP’s and association of development (AD) CoP activities to conceptualize, synthesize, and produce practitioner-focused tools such as technical notes and case studies;
Develop and implement effective dissemination strategies.
Manage and facilitate regional events for microfinance associations around the world including identifying partnering organizations, developing the agenda based and facilitation;
Contribute to the development and facilitation of SEEP’s global network summit;
Present and facilitate sessions at key industry events around the world;
Organize and facilitate on-line discussions, webinars and conferences.
Identify and recruit associations to become SEEP members;
Identify opportunities for and develop new member products and services;
Maintain high member satisfaction.
- Cultivate strategic alliances to support program design and implementation and to increase SEEP’s visibility and presence in the field;
- Research, write and edit reports on program activities for specific projects and activities and assist with writing and editing of other reports;
- Develop proposals and proposal budgets for capacity building projects;
- Manage program content on website;
- Update program files and databases on a regular basis;
- Timely and regular attendance required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Masters Degree in International Development, Business Administration, International Affairs or other related field of study;
- Experience working and living in a developing country, preference in Africa;
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in managing multi-country programs related to microfinance or microenterprise development;
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage and adhere to project/program priorities and budget;
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people at senior and other levels internally and externally in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills, knowledge of organizational development best practices, including best practices in association management;
- Experience in knowledge management and organizational learning desirable;
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access;
- Professional proficiency in English and French required;
- Available to work full time;
- Contracted employee, US work visa not required;
- Position will be based in Africa and will require frequent regional travel;
- Preference given to individuals currently residing in Africa.
The SEEP Network
Retour à la liste