Détail du poste
Date de clôture : 31 juil. 2012
Description du poste :
About the Organization:
Financial Systems Development Services AG (FIDES) is a company focusing on the development and management of sustainable rural MFIs and related research and consulting activities. FIDES has been involved in leading initiatives in Africa and in some of the most important rural microfinance systems in Eastern Europe. Their staff includes 22 highly qualified permanent staff members (local staff in countries of intervention not included), functioning as a close-knit and mutually supportive team with long-term career perspectives at FIDES.
About the Job:
FIDES is currently managing and creating several new institutions, mainly in rural Africa and Eastern Europe. They intend to reinforce their team with an experienced professional to act as a Microfinance Manager (Expatriate Position) in West Africa and South of Africa.
The Microfinance Manager will be responsible for the creation and the development of a new rural microfinance institution. He/she will work closely with the FIDES Management Team at FIDES Headquarter. Within the general mandate of FIDES for the development of the institution, the manager will take over key responsibilities within the following fields:
- Building the systems of the new institution within a greenfielding process;
- Team creation and capacity building;
- Staff management;
- Understanding of client demand and markets;
- Development of products and delivery mechanisms;
- Implementation of the Business Plan including the achievement of the Key Performance Indicators;
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Audit Committee and the Shareholders;
- Compliance with the law of the country, the requirements of the supervisory authorities and the norms of the operation policy guidelines;
- Strategy development.
Veuillez cliquer ici pour postuler.
- In-depth practical knowledge and experience in building financial services for low income population segments;
- At least 5 years of experience in financial institution (Bank, MFI, FI);
- At least 5 years of experience in microfinance operations in developing countries;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a related field;
- Proven track record in successful microfinance institution building;
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Practical knowledge on financial service delivery and marketing;
- Problem solver, leadership by example;
- High level of integrity and value driven approach;
- Motivation to work in rural areas and to be present in the field;
- Good written and spoken English or French, Portuguese language skills would be a plus
- Understanding of and commitment to mission and values of FIDES
Retour à la liste