Détail du poste
Directeur Administratif et Financier
Réseau Européen de la Microfinance (REM)
Date de clôture : 4 mai 2012
Description du poste :
Description of the organization
The European Microfinance Network (EMN) is the leading membership based Microfinance network, specialised in Microfinance within Europe. EMN has 94 members in 21 European countries working on issues related to Microfinance in Europe, including MFIs, Banks, NGOs, researchers and specialised consulting firms. EMN members conduct a range of activities that comprise direct financing, finance intermediation, business support, research, advocacy, advice and consulting. EMN’s activities are coordinated by a small Secretariat, based in Brussels, which is financed, by member contributions, EU funds and services to members and outside parties.
The EMN Secretariat is responsible for the advocacy, lobby, communication, research and capacity building of the network. EMN members exchange and engage with each other and with the Secretariat through their participation in EMN Working Groups and taking part in network activities such as the annual Conference, publications, exchange visits, trainings and projects. A board of administrators elected among EMN members oversees and supports the activities of the Secretariat and the Network.
The Finance and Administration Coordinator (FAC) will be responsible for the overall financial control and management programme budget and expenditure in addition to the supervision of accounting system. Responsibilities also include the assistance in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly revisions, the assistance in the preparation of quarterly financial reporting and donor reports in close collaboration with the General Manager.
The post holder will report directly to the General Manager (GM) and will participate in all financial key decisions relating to EMN.
a) Accounting and Financial Management
- Assist the bookkeeper to ensure an accurate and on time accountancy: allocation per donor, accounting codes and budget lines
- Ensure that all the expenses made are: authorized, valid (eligibility of the invoice following EMN rules), properly justified, properly entered in the accountancy
- Assist the bookkeeper in the closure of the accountancy every month: Bank reconciliation, Cash reconciliation, Voucher with invoices, Bank book. Communicate accounts on a monthly basis to the Treasurer of the Board respecting EMN procedures and deadlines.
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents in conformity with EMN procedures.
- Cooperate with the GM in the preparation of financial reports.
- Facilitate internal and external financial audits (preparation of documentation)
- Set up and formalize procedures for the commitment of expenditure, collect visas of authorized persons, define methods and timescales for payment according to the Belgian law. Ensure that proofs of purchase are valid (contracts, orders, bills, invoices, delivery receipts…)
- Develop, review and update the accounting, administrative and finance manual annually
- Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and communicate forecast cash-flow requests to the Treasurer of the Association;
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: follow transfers, check balances, check authorized visas;
- Open / close bank accounts on the authority of the GM and the Board and establish the signatories of the bank accounts.
- Ensure that at least monthly cash / bank controls are made
c) Budget Management
- Ensure budget follow-up on a monthly basis
- Analyze gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses, balance; Ensure the match with the finance plan/forecast
- Anticipate financial risks; report any discrepancies to the GM
- Ensure that the budget information is transmitted to the GM, and EMN team
- Prepare the budget amendment to donors, if needed.
- Establish budget proposals in coordination with the GM, the Secretariat team and the Treasurer of the Association
- Assist the GM in the preparation of financial reports (mid-term and final) respecting contractual deadlines
- Guarantee the respect of donor procedures for each financial contract
- Be able to give accurate answer on budgetary questions (budget lines, balance, extension…)
- Coordinate a permanent monitoring of use of financial resources
d) General Administration
- Guarantee the respect of administrative and legal framework (particular focus on the labor law) in Belgium
- Prepare and follow-up all the contract (rental, services providers, …)
- Ensure the compliance of all the contract signed (in close relation with the EMN team).
- Ensure that the administrative organization is relevant with the activities needs.
- Update staff members record sheets and follow-up
- Ensure that the salary payment is accurate and made on time on a monthly basis
- Ensure the attendance sheets are well maintained (paid leave, working days, health, absences) in respect of EMN procedures
- Develop an intern manual of employee procedures
e) Any other relevant assignment defined by the Secretariat team, for example:
- Supporting the EMN team with researching microfinance news and events on a daily basis, update the EMN website and the EMN Facebook and Twitter accounts when required.
- Participate in one of the six working groups as a secretariat liaison
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as finance, business administration or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in Financial Management, Programme management and Administration at international level.
- Knowledge of Microfinance and exposure to Microfinance ideally in Europe or in developing countries would be appreciated.
- Experience in designing and implementing financial and operational procedures that increase the efficiency of financial and human resources and the respect of EU financial and audit requirements.
- Experience in working with or for membership based organizations and networks would be appreciated.
- Native in French is highly requested. English will be highly valued. Any other European language will be an asset.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Réseau Européen de la Microfinance (REM)
Retour à la liste